2018 Bram Stoker Awards® Update
Please note the Final Ballot of nominees for the 2018 Bram Stoker Awards® will be announced on February 23.
The main timeline is as follows:
- February 23: Announcement of Stoker Nominees – the Final Ballot – on the HWA website, via Special IM, on the HWA Facebook page, and by Press Release.
Works appearing on this Ballot are Bram Stoker Award® Nominees for Superior Achievement in their Category, e.g., Novel, and everyone may refer to them as such immediately after the announcement.
Important Notes for those Appearing on the Final Ballot:
If your work appears on the Final Ballot (i.e., you are the author, agent, editor, publisher, or publicist) and you wish to provide a link allowing Voting Members to read the work, there will be a SPECIAL FINAL BALLOT INTERNET MAILER issued on or about February 25.
If your work was listed on the Special Preliminary Ballot Internet Mailer it will be relisted automatically and you need not email or query.
If it was not on the Special Preliminary Ballot IM, please email the Internet Mailer editor at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details as soon as you can, but no later than February 24 (links will not be accepted for this Special IM after February 25). You may offer to send electronic copies; provide reading copies on a website; or provide physical copies. Anyone validly representing a work appearing on the Final Ballot may submit via this method, whether or not they are HWA members (this includes the author, agent, editor, publisher, or publicist of the work).
Do NOT spam Voting Members; this is a severe breach of etiquette – Active and Lifetime (voting) members tend to notice such breaches and may consider them when determining which works to vote for on the Ballot.
You may also post the fact that your work is available to be read for Bram Stoker Award consideration ONCE and only once here: http://www.horrorwritersassociation.org/login-forum/ (Bram Stoker Eligible Work). If you had already posted your work here prior to the announcement of the Final Ballot you ARE entitled to post it once more. Note: Only members may post at this Forum, but members are encouraged to post on behalf of non-members who may appear on the Ballot.
- February 28: Stoker Final ballot dispatched – please note only Active and Lifetime Members can vote. If you are an Active or Lifetime Member and do NOT receive your electronic ballot link by March 1, please first check your spam/junk mail filter, make sure your email address is updated in Wild Apricot, and then email Brad C. Hodson at email@example.com with a brief message about the issue. Note that Ballots are sent to the same email address as the Newsletter and the Internet Mailer. It is the responsibility of Members to keep their email address up to date in Wild Apricot or by advising the administrator of any issues with your membership account at firstname.lastname@example.org. Late Ballots cannot be accepted under any circumstances.
- March 15:
- The 2019 Bram Stoker Recommendation sheet goes live and the 2019 Bram Stoker Awards Juries open to Submissions. Members should hold any Recommendations for works published in the calendar year 2019 until the Sheet is live. Members wishing to submit work published in 2019 to the relevant Jury should read the information at the Bram Stoker Awards website before doing so here: http://www.thebramstokerawards.com/submissions/
- The Bram Stoker Awards final ballot closes at midnight U.S. Pacific Time on March 15. Any ballots received after this time will be discarded.
- May 11: The 2018 Bram Stoker Awards® announced during the Annual Bram Stoker Awards Banquet held during the StokerCon™ Weekend 2019 in Grand Rapids, MI.
Bookings and information at: http://stokercon2019.org/ Note: Banquet Tickets are separate from the Convention Membership and should be purchased directly from: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stokercon-2019-registration-44273628615 (click “Register” and then scroll down the options menu to “Banquet Ticket ONLY”.
Please direct any questions to: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org