Author Topic: Vampire Studies (2021 PCA/ACA National Conference) Deadline - 2021-02-28  (Read 1896 times)

nicholasdiak

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Vampire Studies (2021 PCA/ACA National Conference)

Deadline: February 28, 2021

Virtual conference

The co-chairs of the PCA/ACA Vampire Studies area are soliciting papers, presentations, panels and roundtable discussions that cover any aspect of the Vampire for the Annual National Popular Culture Association Conference to be held in Boston, MA from June 2-5, 2021. You must be a member of the PCA to submit a proposal.

This year is a return to the aborted theme from Philadelphia, the legacy of Dracula. Anyone who was accepted last year may resubmit their proposal for an automatic acceptance.  As well as Dracula, we are particularly interested in papers, presentations, and panels that cover:

Vampires at the end of the world and beyond

The vampire on legacy television shows (i.e. Dark Shadows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Moonlight, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals)

The vampire on recent television shows (i.e. What We Do In the Shadows, From Dusk Till Dawn, Castlevania)

Legacy Cinematic vampires (i.e. Nosferatu, Interview with the Vampire, Near Dark, Twilight etc.)

Recent Cinematic Vampires (i.e. Carmilla, Hotel Transylvania, Therapy for the Vampire etc.)

The Non-Western Vampire (i.e. Korean, Chinese, Latino/a/x, African)

Vampire Cultures and Contexts (i.e. vampire RPGs or other gaming universes, fan studies, graphic novels)

Vampires and the Marginalized (i.e. race, gender, sexualities, national origin)

Genres such as Gothic Horror, Urban Fantasy, Steampunk, Young Adult, Erotica, Comedy

The relationship between vampires and zombies or werewolves and/or other monstrous beings

Vampire studies (i.e. the vampire in the classroom, vampire scholarship)

Historic and contemporary vampiric locations and geographies (i.e. cemeteries, castles, cities)

And anything and everything in between!

To have your proposal/abstract considered for presentation, please submit your proposal/abstract of approximately 250 words at the Popular Culture Association Website. We also welcome complete panel proposals of 3-4 people.

Visit www.pcaaca.org to see examples of papers from recent PCA conferences.

If you have questions, contact us at pcavampires@gmail.com.  Also, follow us on Twitter @pca_vampires or join our Facebook group Vampire Scholars.