HWA is pleased to announce that its fourth annual StokerCon gathering will be held May 8 through May 12, 2019, at the historic Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan! We have negotiated a room rate of $149 a night for our attendees at this beautiful four-star hotel, which offers free wifi in both guest rooms and public areas, 24-hour room service, six restaurants and four bars in the hotel, an indoor pool, full-service spa, health club, outdoor tennis court, and more. The Amway Grand Plaza is located about 20 minutes from Grand Rapids’ Gerald R. Ford International Airport, and is within walking distance of numerous highly-rated restaurants and microbreweries (some of which we’ll be documenting with video blogs at the convention’s Web site).
StokerCon 2019 will not only see the return of such popular events as Horror University, the Final Frame Short Horror Film Competition, the Ann Radcliffe Academic Conference, Librarians’ Day, and the Bram Stoker Awards® presentation, it will also feature an exciting line-up of Guests of Honor, including
* Josh Boone (writer/director of the forthcoming feature film THE NEW MUTANTS, screenwriter of REVIVAL and THE TALISMAN)
* Kathe Koja (Bram Stoker and Locus Award-winning author of The Cipher, Bad Brains, Skin, Strange Angels, and The Blue Mirror)
* Josh Malerman (Bram Stoker Award-nominated author of Goblin, Black Mad Wheel, and Bird Box, now in development as a feature film)
* Robert McCammon (co-founder of HWA and New York Times-bestselling author of Swan’s Song, Boy’s Life, They Thirst, Wolf’s Hour, Stinger, Blue World, and the forthcoming He’ll Come Knocking at Your Door)
* Kaaron Warren (Australian Shadows, Ditmar, and Aurealis Award-winning author of Slights, Walking the Tree, and The Gate Theory)
We’ll have more announcements coming, so please visit http://www.stokercon2019.org for more information or to follow us on social media.