This month we are looking ahead just a bit. In the June Newsletter, we will have updates and pictures from our chapter meeting on April 28, as well as some pictures of members who will be attending StokerCon™ in Grand Rapids.
Brent Michael Kelly’s short-story collection, Doomsday Furnace, will be out on May 9, with a release party to be held at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel during StokerCon in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Here’s a synopsis:
- A starship is separated from its fleet, and the captain must resort to desperate measures.
- A man wakes one morning to find out everyone in the world has dreamed of killing him.
- The embodiment of drought has a disastrous adventure at sea.
- Children are offered to, and sometimes taken by, the thing that lives beneath the sand.
- A killer seeks redemption and freedom on a mountaintop.
- An energy station near the sun aims to permanently address mankind’s energy needs.
- A cloud of strange and deadly radiation has appeared in Earth’s orbital path.
- An alien presence teaches an amateur surgeon the true value of friendship.
These tales and more await you inside the Doomsday Furnace, a collection of 14 catastrophic yarns by Brent Michael Kelley. For more information, visit http://brentmichaelkelley.com/.
You’re all invited to join me and other Omnium Gatherum authors in the Crown Foyer (right outside the hall for the opening ceremonies) on Thursday, May 9, 6-8 p.m., for cake and cocktails as we celebrate the release of our new books for 2019.