HWA Dues Payment Form
HWA dues are collected annually during the months of January and February. If you are accessing this page from the nav bar link in the Members Only area of the site any time after April 1, then your dues are paid and you are in good standing.
You may use this form to renew your membership at any time. But please note the following items concerning the timing of your renewal:
- After January 31, your payment is officially late, but is still payable without reapplication. If you have an email address on file with us, you will receive a second dues notice via email. If for some reason you have not received a dues notice, please email email@example.com.
- After March 1, if we have still not received your renewal, you will be removed from good standing. This means that, although you are still technically a member of HWA, your access to HWA services will be suspended until your dues have been paid. (You will receive no further HWA mailings or emailings, your name will be removed from the HWA Directory, and your access to the "Members Only" web site will be withdrawn.)
- After March 31, if your dues remain unpaid, you are no longer a member of HWA and you must re-apply for membership. Note that you return at your previous Membership Status unless, of course, you can show appropriate publication credits to change your status to a higher level.
If you are a returning member looking to renew or rejoin, please note that proration does not apply to anyone who has been a member within the past two years. If you fit that description, you must pay full annual dues in order to reactivate your membership, regardless of today's date.
Your electronic payment will be submitted to HWA's current Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To pay your dues, please follow these steps:
1. Determine Your Amount Due
The amount you will pay depends on your membership status. Individual Dues for Supporting Members are $48.00. Individual Dues for all other Membership types is $69.00. "Family" memberships (which are limited to certain family members) are $89.00 and Corporate Memberships are $115.00.
If you believe your amount due differs from all the options below, please contact HWA's Treasurer at email@example.com.
2. Check Your Data
Next, please check your HWA Directory entry (http://www.horror.org/private/memdir.htm) to make sure the contact information we have on file for you is correct.
If it's not, or if you have moved recently and have not yet notified us, please go to http://www.horror.org/private/coaform.asp to fill out and submit a change of data form.
If you have trouble getting into the Members Only area, contact HWA's webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Make Your Payment before February 28.
If it's after February 28th, you can still renew your dues using the electronic payment form on this page or the instructions below but your membership access will have been suspended. After March 31, you will be removed from the membership database, you will no longer be a member of HWA and you need to reapply here: http://www.horror.org/application.htm.
We offer two options for paying dues before February 28 each year:
- To pay your dues online using a credit card and our secure server, simply fill out and submit the form further down this page.
- To pay your dues by regular mail, please print the dues mailing form and send it with a check or money order drawn in US funds and payable to Horror Writers Association, or your credit card info and signature to:
244 5th Ave., Suite 2767
New York, NY 10001
Make sure your browser has "cookies" enabled before continuing. If cookies aren't enabled, this form will not work.